Dear reader, today I want to talk to you about lies you believe about your brain. Once you begin to practice anything that is untrue it sticks in your brain and gets rehearsed until you really believe it. After that your behavior reflects the lie.
Worship leader Brandon Lake puts it this way:
- Goodbye fear
- Hello peace
- Goodbye pain
- Hello strength
- Goodbye grave
- Hello hope
- My brain will never get any better than it is today.
- No sense dreaming about my future, it is what it is.
- I’m too old.
- Other people learn better than me.
- I’ll never get this subject.
- It is better to avoid what you don’t know than go for it.
- This work is too hard for me.
- Making mistakes means I can’t do it.
- Here we go again; just like the old days.
- God wouldn’t show up to support my efforts.